Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rexburg the Unpredictable

Up here on this hill I feel apart from the world. Knowing that this place is the House of God, and is a soul's place of safety and refuge.On this beautiful April afternoon, the sky is cloudy and one can see the rain pouring on the city below in the distance. As the clouds approach the breeze begins to chill. It will soon be upon me, I realize. I came today to do the Lord's work but the home was full, there was no room in the Inn. I shall come another day perhaps a bit earlier.
The clouds approach faster and faster! It seems as though it is racing time. The line of the rain touching the earth rapidly nears in my direction. Knowing that I too will soon be comsumed in heaven's blessed tears. With a bang of thunder and a clash of lightening the storm takes ground. With the droplets upon my face, I realize that there is not much time left. I must rush to safety.
Refuge! A lonely tree giving shade from nature I spot in the distance, knowing that this could be my place of safety, for the time being. I race toward it, but not fast enough. White, hard, cold, rain stones press against my skin with the aid of the wind. The black sea that once surrounded me is not utterly white.
I finally reach the saftey of that lonely tree and await the calming of the wind. But, BEHOLD! Yet, another place of refuge on four wheels. A servant of God appears to lend a hand, or wheels in this case. I jump in, safe from the storm...
...and arrive home in disbelief that this was yet another day of unpredictable Rexburg weather.

No comments: